Quotes & Excerpts
Quotes and excerpts for the purposes of publication in other venues is allowed with attribution to The David Chronicles. If being used online, please include a link to the site.
These are standard rules about comments posted to this blog by the public. They are designed to ensure all users feel safe and and that the blog keeps its focus.
The David Chronicles is a site that values the free expression of thought and ideas within a community of respect, both for David and for each other.
- Debate should be lively but also constructive and respectful.
- Critique the idea, but not the person (i.e., no personal attacks).
- David’s private life is off-limits, unless it is a topic that he has discussed publicly.
- Don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, age or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
- Don’t swear, use hate-speech or make obscene or vulgar comments.
- Don’t break the law. This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an ongoing or approaching court case).
- Don’t submit comments which are substantially material from another website, publication, news feed or blog. Clearly attribute any content from another website or publication or it could constitute a breach of copyright.
- Don’t engage in ‘spamming’. Don’t advertise or promote products or services.
- If you are under 16, please get permission from a parent or guardian before commenting on this blog.
- Don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organization.
- Don’t post in a language other than English.
- Protect your privacy and that of others. Please don’t post private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details.
- Stay on-topic. Please don’t post messages that are unrelated to this blog.
Comments are unmoderated but reviewed daily for appropriateness and compliance with our policies. COMMENTS MAY BE EDITED OR DELETED AT WILL BY THE MODERATORS of The David Chronicles for any reason or none whatsoever, and without notification to the comment author.
As an editorial publication dedicated to analysis and commentary, The David Chronicles maintains a policy of non-involvement when it comes to promotional efforts for fan projects, and even for David himself. We feel that our ability to remain objective, fair, and balanced depends on our commitment to impartiality, and so we instead choose to avoid all such initiatives and materials rather than select from among them.
Views expressed by the authors of comments are their own and do not represent the views of The David Chronicles.
The David Chronicles is not responsible for, and disclaims all liability for, content or comment contributed by its users.
Copyright and the Law
You own the copyright in your postings, articles and images. If you do not own the copyright for an image you want to upload onto the site, you must ensure that you obtain prior written agreement from the copyright owner, agreeing to publication.
You also agree to grant The David Chronicles a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. If you do not wish to grant such rights to The David Chronicles, it is suggested that you do not submit your comment to this site.
You should remember that you are legally responsible for what you write. By submitting a comment you undertake to indemnify The David Chronicles and its owners against any liability arising from breach of confidentiality or copyright, or any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement you may make.
The site operators make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for users to run an anti virus program on all material downloaded from the internet.
The David Chronicles cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material from the website.
Cookies are pieces of data that are often created when you visit a website and are stored in the cookie directory of your own computer.
Cookies are used to store a session ID which allows you to log-in and make comments. No personal information is stored in the Cookie.
This site does require a user to enter a name and working email address in order to post a comment on this blog. This information is securely stored and will not be passed on to any third parties.
By registering with The David Chronicles, you hereby give permission to be contacted for the specific purposes of gathering feedback about your use of the site. Contact will be via email and you are not obliged to take part, though your participation would be appreciated.
Links to and From Other Websites
The David Chronicles is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Links to external sites should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
The David Chronicles encourages users to establish hypertext links to this site. You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on the website. We do not object to you linking directly to our information.